I never had cravings with Hazel, largely due to the intense nausea throughout,; I never wanted to eat much of anything at all. With this baby, however, I am having the crazy pregnancy cravings. Let me give you some examples of some of the delicious delicacies I have been desiring:
- Garbanzo beans and chedder cheese,
- chicken pad thai and crab rangoon,
- drinks with lots and lots of ice
- “The Wreck” , sandwich from Potbelly’s with lots of hot peppers (which I never even liked before). I want this morning, noon, and night.
- Kelloggs “Smart Start” cereal ( I have at least two bowls a day of that stuff)!
- Chocolate covered pretzels
Funny story: Before we had announced we were prgnant and had just told a few family members, my dad and I were at Jimmy Johns. They asked everyone that went through the line if they wanted a pickel with their sandwich order. When they asked us my dad laughed and said “They must know! (then, to the guy at the register) She is pregnant!” Though a stereotypical prego craving, I declined the pickel offer. When our sandwich order was ready I went to pick it up and there was a pickel wrapped up in the bundle with the sandwhiches. I looked at the guy weirdly and he smiled and winked. As it turned out, once we got back to the car I didn’t have much of a taste for my sandwhich, but I did eat the entire free pickle and it was devine!