Cousin Megan got in last night from Seattle.  She took a leave of absence from her job as a labor and delivery nurse to be present at the birth of baby Squibb #2 and act as our doula/labor coach.  I feel so extremely blessed and relieved to have her here as I feel I will need all the help and support I can get to get through this delivery drug free.  This is also Megan’s first trip to Chicago so hopefully this baby will come soon so we can show her around the city a bit.  

Hazel instantly warmed up to Megan and thoroughly enjoys playing/spending time with her.  Not only is she helping with labor preparations, but she also volunteered to watch Hazel so I could go and get a pedicure today!  I was so excited (my feet were too, as they were growing quite disgusted with the toe nails which were residing on them).  It felt so good to be pampered.  I even had time to run to the grocery store and wash and fill up the car.  Amazing what can be accomplished in a short amount of time without a two year old in tow.  

We are so excited to have Megan here and Phillip may have even met his WII golfing match.  They played three rounds this evening and she is staying up late to work on her game further, haha.  

I also went in for my 38 week check-up today.  Not much to report.  The midwives do not believe in checking for dilation or effacement as it really doesn’t matter and presents the opportunity for infections, which I appreciate.  In the words of the Dr. “What does it matter if I check you and you are 4 centimeters dilated?  You may go into labor two days or two weeks from now.”  Therefore they simply check the fetal heart beat, measure the belly and ask if I have any questions.  Which means I won’t have anything to report until I actually go into labor.  Ooooh, but I did lose a pound, haha.  It was also the first time I didn’t wear my winter boots for a check-up so that may have accounted for the loss.  The midwife also informed me that, just yesterday, the H1N1 restrictions were lifted at the hospital, which is HUGE.  Up until yesterday I would have only been allowed two visitors (the same two visitors) throughout the entire length of my stay.  Which means no one besides Megan and Phillip would have gotten to see the baby in the hospital.  Now, however, I can have unlimited guests, woohoo!

After Hazel saw my toes this evening she too had to have hers painted.  Funnily, it was Phillip who grabbed the bottle of polish, had her put her feet on the table and painted her microscopic toe nails, in all of his perfectionistic glory.  It was pretty adorable to watch.  I will leave you with pictures from the daddy daughter pedi session.  

daddy daughter pedicure

"blow drying" the nails

Job well done dad!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s