I had really high hopes for this vintage record cabinet.
I had my eye on it at the thrift store for quite sometime, but $35 was a bit out of my price range, so you can imagine my elation when a few weeks ago I noticed the new “reduced” sticker and a new price tag of $15!!!!
It came home with me
We repaired the broken door
and actually SANDED, a big step for me, miss instant gratification, too many steps in the transformation process tend to bore me away from projects
Suffice to say, it was a huge step to have sanded, repaired, removed old hardware/filled holes, AND primed!!!! (My dad was helping
doing most of the work darn quality control!!!)
well the paint did not take well, it took a good 3 coats even with the primer and then the paint started to look clumpy and ugh.
I am still not entirely pleased with the finished project. After all that work, it should be perfect. Lesson learned. I am going back to my old impatient non priming and sanding ways.
Here is where we are today. We have come a long way.
My mom found the knobs in the clearance isle at TJ maxx, $7 for 8 knobs, quite a deal!