Our trip ended with a flurry of activity.

Phillip left from Eugene and headed down to Klamath Falls to start work.

We won’t see him for 5 weeks 😦

The rest of us traveled up to Portland, where Dorian resides and trains.

We took a brief tour of the Nike Headquarters/ campus (which was phenomenal), but you can’t take pictures

We went and looked at some townhouses with the boy.

We ate dinner at Huber’s Cafe, which has the BEST turkey dinners ( I highly recommend it)

then we headed up to The Pittock Mansion to get a birds-eye view of the city at dusk

kinda creepy

I kept checking for faces in the windows

view from the top of Portland

Dorian had a work out bright and early the next morning

So we went to Multnomah Falls to pass the time

I don’t know what is happening with my clothes here


then Dorian got word his lease was up

(He will be gone till September training and racing in Europe)

So he decided to just go ahead and move out NOW

We were inlisted to help

He is pretty nomadic nowadays and leads a fairly portable life, but since Nike sends him shipments of clothes every 5 minutes packing all of his gear was no small task.  (I, being the wonderful sister I am, volunteered to take anything off his hands he no longer had use for, anything I can do to help 🙂

The 4 of us were able to divide and conquer within a couple of hours.

Here is just one box full of brand new shoes he hasn’t gotten to yet

(fyi- since runners put so many miles on their shoes so quickly Nike has a shoe recycling program where they can take their old kicks and pass them on, so that’s good.)

Then we all stayed in a hotel near the airport.  Mom, dad and Dorian all had flights out at 6am on the 4th of July and I didn’t fly out till 3pm!!!  It was such a long, lonely day spent missing EVERYONE.  Especially my kids.  I was so looking forward to their snuggles.  I finally couldn’t take it anymore and hopped the 11am shuttle to the airport.  Time went by much faster once I got there.  After 4 hours in the air we landed in St.Louis where my wonderful sister and brother in law greeted and shuttled me back to the in-law’s where my babies were sleeping soundly.   Around midnight I was waking Hazel up with smooches!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s